Iyara Natural Therapies
At our newest venue -Hollywood Road, Central Hong Kong- we are pleased to offer a range of natural therapies for skin, hair, body and nails.
This is our 4th Iyara day spa location and our latest venture aims to be committed to a 100% natural and organic lifestyle benefiting our Hong Kong based clients and visitors alike.
If you are concerned about health and safety, then you will look towards organic or natural products. Regardless of whether we ingest them or place them on our skin, the majority of products and their ingredients find their way into our bodies. These then can affect our entire health and well-being, causing allergies, hormonal and reproductive issues, and cancer. Toxins are non-discriminatorily absorbed. Some cause harmful effects immediately, while others after frequent exposure. In clinical studies, organic or natural products have been found to be as effective as those formulated with modified man-made ingredients.
At Iyara Natural Therapies, we aim to use both organic and natural ingredients in our therapies. Organic means that the ingredients are derived from living matter such as plants, vegetables and fruits. This label assures you that the ingredients will be fresher with a higher concentration of nutrients and vitamins. They will be most pure and should cause fewer reactions than toxic, synthetic non-organic ingredients.
However, for an ingredient to be organic it must be certified as such by a governing body such as USDA which are regulated for their % of organically grown ingredients,. These products DO NOT need to be 100% natural and are allowed up to 5% synthetic content.
100% NATURAL (ingredients that are not altered chemically or synthesized in any form) cannot have any synthetic content and must be 100% derived naturally. Our natural ingredients for our purposes are just as good as those certified organic but would have not met specific technical qualifications.
We try to use products that are 100% Natural or certified organic as much as possible in our therapies.
Some of the benefits of using natural and organic products include:
- Products Do Not Use Synthetic or Harmful Material- One of the great benefits of using organic products is that they stay away from materials that aren’t wholly organic. This includes parabens and other synthetic products like thickeners and genetically modified organisms.
- Know What you’re Putting on your Body- Organic and natural products are all subjected to certain standards that other products don’t have to abide by. Knowing what you’re using on your body is a huge benefit for those of us that are conscious of all of the harmful material in the world.
- Natural and Organic Products Have a Positive Effect on the Environment- Another great byproduct of using natural and organic products is the positive effect they have on the environment and that these are not tested on animals An example would be the way the product ingredients are sourced and also the type of packaging that is used in organic products.
For our natural therapies, we use the following formulation guidelines:
- Plant derived ingredients where possible, preferably organic or 100% Natural
- High quality, freshly produced plant essential oils (the therapeutic properties of such oils will diminish over time so it’s best to use within a few months of production)
- No synthetic preservatives ( parabens)
- No mineral oils
- No polyethylene glycols (PEGs)
- No sulphates such as Sodium Laurth Sulphate (SLSE)
- No product testing on animals
- No chemical contamination
- No phthalates
No products were found matching your selection.